Happy New Year! Time flies! I can’t believe it’s been a full year since I’ve made these resolutions! So many exclamation marks!
Let’s see how I did, shall we?
1. To exercise twice a week for at least an hour each time – Failed miserably at this. However, since becoming jobless, I’ve taken to exercising a bit more in my attempt to be fitter. So, half a point to me?
2. To save up 50k by the end of the year – Done!
3. Buy a new phone – I got my Samsung S4 for free.
4. Buy a new camera – Say hello to Olympus E-PL5! Haven’t explored it yet but I’m happy with my purchase!
5. Travel overseas for a holiday – I only travelled overseas once last year, and that was to Bahrain for work. I’m making up for this by going Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand for the first three months of this year! And hopefully hopefully Japan will be in the calendar for this year as well.
6. See snow – Did not happen.
7. Be fluent in Japanese – Well, I am by no means fluent but I’m improving! Have to work harder at this.
8. Be nicer to people who deserve it – I think I did honestly try. At times I find myself taking a deep breath and let go instead of blowing up so that’s a step up!
9. Bake a cheesecake – I tried, last night. On the last day of 2013. And I failed. -_- 2nd attempt soon!
10. Read 10 books – Yes! Unfortunately, setting myself such an easy to achieve goal also means that I completely stopped reading once I reached my goal in July. Come keep up with me on Goodreads at https://www.goodreads.com/cherrieluv!
11. Drink more water and cut down on junk food – Just read this line and immediately went to have a drink of water. Anyway, I hardly ever ate junk food so yeah, this has been achieved!
12. Try vegetarianism for a month – Can’t really achieve this unless I cook my own 3 meals a day for a whole month.
13. Find something to be grateful about every day – I do this whenever I remember.
14. Write one letter/card a month to both my grandmas – I missed a couple of months when things got crazy for a bit. Sorry. 😦
15. Try something new every week – Not very sure, but I think yes!
16. Fall in love – No luck.
All things considered, I think I was not half bad for someone who is notoriously bad at keeping at things! On to bigger and better things this year!
I’ll do a list of 2014 resolutions soon! It’s kinda nice to give myself something to work towards. 🙂